January 2007 Release
"I've often heard it said that with age comes the wisdom to
welcome those things you cannot change with a serene acceptance. To
me, parenthood offers a wonderful opportunity to learn the lesson of inner
serenity. Naturally, I've loved my four beautiful daughters since they were
babies; enjoyed immensely my role as protective dad. But now they are
growing toward independence; my oldest girl, Merritt, has just gone off to
college. I've learned to accept their inevitable voyage toward maturity, and
to greet their accomplishments and even their occasional difficult personal
lessons with pride.
Serenity Cove, featuring a lighthouse inspired by Marblehead Light on Lake
Erie, celebrates the guidance my faith offers as I face life's transitions.
For me, the four boats sailing toward the horizon symbolize the life journey
of my four daughters as they grow into adulthood.
In nature, times of change are often the most brilliantly colored. The
transition of sunset paints the fading hues of autumn with a heavenly
radiance; in this, the still waters of Serenity Cove reflect the glory of
earth and sky.
The lighthouse is not just a beacon of hope and symbol of faith; it is also
a cozy family cottage. The gazebo and lawn furniture suggest the comfortable
life lived within this safe haven."
- Thomas Kinkade
12x18, 18x27 and 24x36
1. Serenity Cove has been released in an edition size of 995, in each size.
2. Thom has painted four sailboats on the horizon of Serenity Cove as
acknowledgement of his love for his four daughters, Merritt, Chandler,Winsor,
3. Thom has also included four chairs around the table in Serenity Cove, as
a tribute to his four lovely daughters.
4. Marblehead Light on Lake Erie was Thom's inspiration for Serenity Cove.
5. The name of the boat featured in this painting is "Serenity."
6. Thom has placed a total of 14 N's in Serenity Cove as a gesture of his
pure love for his wife Nanette.